Steampunk fiction, reviews and interviews

Festive Friday Filk: Dr Who Regeneration Carol

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yikes, sorry I fell off the Friday Filk wagon the last two weeks – having realised that the majority of my filk lyrics are on Handles (If you’ve been with me long enough you’ll know that Handles is the name of my old laptop who died and regenerated so very many times before he finally gave up the ghost, taking with him many of my files) XD

But it’s festivish time and so I have decided instead to share some of the tons of festive filk that is out there to bring some quirky cheer the the tinselly season! 😀

7 responses

1. Oh no…I’m so sorry for the sad passing of Handles and the demise of your files too.😢
    Oh that was fabulous!😆 I’ve never seen Matt’s doctor, as my son absolutely adored David…and had an itty bit of a meltdown when he regenerated. It lasted for about 7…8 years. 😱 He couldn’t even hear the word ‘Doctor’ or ‘Who’ – separately – which got a tad tricky.😧 He decided to forgive David and Dr Who can be uttered aloud now…so I was able to play your splendid video🥰 I did love Matt in The Crown though, his Duke was my favourite character, I thought he was magnificent.🌹🥰🌹

Liked by 1 person

December 6, 2019 at 4:59 am

• smithandskarry1

Aw, thankyou for the thoughts on Handles he is sorely missed (although I still have him stashed away somewhere in hopes the files can be got back some day, I’ve heard of wizards who can do such things, lol) Oh I’m really sorry your son was so upset about David going – I totally identify, I was exactly the same with Sylvester McCoy (who was MY doctor, lol, ‘child-of-the-80s’ !) I was furious it ended there and then furious years later when they brought in ‘some skin head in a leather jacket’ 🤣 I got back into it when I accidently saw a clip of a Matt Smith one and was blown away, he is fantastic I hope you get to see him some time. Then I had to catch up and go back and see the David ones and then of course there was Capaldi who I already adored from the thick of it (and Michelle Gomez who I have huge crush on, lol, as the Master was epic!) … but even now when my kids watch that guy I hated (I don’t even know his name, lol) I can’t watch, it’s all too painful ! 🤣🤣 My daughter loves The Crown, I’m an anti-royalist lol so can’t bring myself to watch it but Matt was hilarious in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies if you’ve ever seen that? Aw it’s so lovely chatting to you on here, I’m so glad we met, thankyou so much for always stopping by and brightening my day, hope your weekend is a fabulous one! 🤗🥰

Liked by 1 person

December 6, 2019 at 9:59 am

• Aw, you’e welcome…and oh, so am I, so glad.🥰 I love your blog, coming here, and chatting to you, so its the loveliest thing to feel so welcome. Thank you❤️
        😂I don’t blame you one bit for stashing him away…I may have three..or four…squirrelled away somewhere. Now that would be splendid 😁I do so hope you find yourself a helpful wizard to coax your files from their most untimely retirement😧
        Aww…thank you about my son, and I’m sorry you had to suffer the loss of Sylvester.😔 It’s most rude of them, that’s what it is. Scoundrels. I didn’t think much of the skinhead in his leather either but was charmed t’bits by David. I will have to catch up with some Matt on Netflix, I haven’t seen Peter either. Yay…I’m glad you got an extra bonus in Michelle too😻. I have seen dvd’s of the Tom Baker ones and adored Tegan 🥰
        I’m no fan of the royals in the here ‘n’ now,😒 but do love the history of it all, so I gave it a watch. Then found myself so Matted, I had to watch the lot 😳 Aw, thank you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too❤️

Liked by 1 person

December 6, 2019 at 5:02 pm

2. I’m a Tom Baker guy, but I like the girlies in the video.

Happy Trails!

Liked by 2 people

December 6, 2019 at 12:09 pm

• smithandskarry1

Oh I Adore Tom Baker too (although Sly will always be ‘my Doctor’ lol) I even knitted myself his scarf as the first thing I ever knitted! 🤣

Liked by 2 people

December 6, 2019 at 2:27 pm

• I got my mom to buy me a long scarf when I was about eleven or twelve years old because I was a Baker fan. I still have that scarf. It has kept me warm since about 1976 or so. 🙂

Liked by 1 person