Steampunk fiction, reviews and interviews

#MythpunkMonday: Festive #Writingprompts 3. Frau Perchta

Happy #MythpunkMonday – For our third festive writing prompt, here’s a female Christmas character to frighten your socks off through the festive season! Yikes, hundreds of years ago, Crimbo certainly wasn’t the glittery, sugar-coated fest it is now was it? Frau Perchta was also known as ‘the belly slitter’ because if you’d been bad she would slit your belly open (or if you were lucky, just cut out your tongue!), remove your innards and replace them with junk and rocks! If on the other hand you’d been good, she might just leave you a silver coin in your shoe…

There you go, run with it (or from it, lol!) – poem, flash, short story, novel, if it inspires you to write some marvellous mythpunk do come back and tell me about it in the comments! And of course you can still share your own and others Mythpunk creations either using the hashtag or in the comments here!

As a heads-up I will be going into hospital on Friday and hopefully Saturday as well and then I’m planning to put my feet up for a couple of weeks and re-coup. I’ll schedule as many posts as I can so there’s no big gaps and I’ll check in as much as I can but if I don’t speak direct to all you lovely peeps before the big day, here’s wishing you and utterly ineffable Christmas and a truly cracking New Year, thankyou for all your awesome support as always! 😀 xx

Blessings on your third week of Advent!

8 responses

1. Hope everything goes well with the hospital and recovery. I think I like my innards right where they are, so I’m choosing door number 2, but my muse often has other ideas.

Liked by 2 people

December 16, 2019 at 9:54 am

2. All best wishes with the hospital and the recovery. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Liked by 2 people

December 16, 2019 at 12:40 pm

• smithandskarry1

Thankyou David – and the best of Christmas wishes to you and yours as well 🙂

Liked by 1 person

December 19, 2019 at 8:23 am

3. Take care, Penny. I don’t want you to get a visit from Frau Perchta.

I hope she does not come around here. I have been a good boy, but I don’t want her leaving silver coins in my shoes. Just stay away completely you scary myth lady!

Liked by 3 people

December 16, 2019 at 3:46 pm

• smithandskarry1

Thanks Icky, hope you have a fab Christmas with not a monstrous maiden in sight! XD

December 19, 2019 at 8:23 am

4. I’m so glad you’ve got your date and that it’s not Christmas Eve or something equally awful ❤️I do so hope that it goes well and that you’re soon home as cosy as can be with your family. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy new year…with nary a visit from Frau Perchta😧 Eeek! 😲

Liked by 2 people

December 17, 2019 at 5:07 pm

• smithandskarry1

Aw thankyou lovely! – and you too! xx

Liked by 1 person